What is the difference between the Citizen CUNY portal and the CUNY.edu website?
Citizen CUNY is your one-stop access point to everything CUNY offers you as a member of the University community. View your private and secure CUNY information, such as application status and financial aid information. Register for courses and access Blackboard and Degreeworks. You can also obtain information about CUNY services and benefits, including CUNY eMall, and connect with volunteer opportunities. Citizen CUNY is a service to you, provides information on services available to you, and offers opportunities for you to continue CUNY’s long tradition of serving the community.
The CUNY website or (cuny.edu) is the source of University public information such as academic programs, the CUNY Newswire, admissions information, the library catalog, job postings and links to CUNY college websites.
What are the new features of the Citizen CUNY portal?
Citizen CUNY is a new, enhanced portal, connecting students, faculty and staff with University resources, services, benefits, applications, activities and opportunities – and with each other, as an interconnected community. The new portal retains all of the important links, such as eSIMS online registration and email information, along with volunteer opportunities so that CUNY "citizens" can be of service to others – to individuals, to our college and University community, and to our city.
What kinds of benefits and services can we expect to find on the new portal?
You will find an array of helpful, informative, even money-saving benefits and services – the benefits of CUNY “citizenship” – on the Citizen CUNY portal. Expect information on voter registration drives, an e-Mall, special discounts, tax preparation seminars, counseling and child care services, job banks, veterans’ services, financial aid advice and access to libraries, athletic events and performances. This information on services and programs will be updated and kept fresh with new and rotating content.
How do I register/login on the Citizen CUNY portal?
Go to cuny.edu/login
Worried about submitting your Social Security number to register for our site?
If you have previously registered on the CUNY portal at any point in the past, type in your Username and Password and click “Log-in.”
- If you have never registered on the CUNY portal, click “Create a New Account.” A new page will display seven categories for registration: student, faculty, staff, applicant, alumni, visitor or continuing ed. Select the appropriate link. Students, faculty and staff must enter their last name, Social Security number and birth date, in order to validate their connection with the University.
Within the portal registration process, we ask for your Social Security number (SSN) once and only once. By design, this number is transmitted to us under the widely recognized https security protocol the one and only time that you supply it, and it is not stored anywhere in the CUNY portal. Well behind the scenes, we use a complex mathematical abstraction process that allows us to verify that the SSN entered for you is correct. To provide further protection, our process is designed so that it is impossible to re-construct the original SSN once it has been sent to us on that single occasion when you register.
I forgot my password and/or username. What should I do?
How do I change my home address on the portal?
- If you have your Username but forgot your Password, click on “Email a New Password” on the Portal Log-in page (cuny.edu/login). You will be taken to a new page and asked for your Username. Your new Password will then be emailed to your registered email address. You can change your Password subsequently by modifying your profile.
- If you forget both your Username and your Password, click on “Account and Password Reset” in the middle of the Portal Log-in page (cuny.edu/login). You will be taken to a new page and asked to verify the information you provided when you originally registered. Your Username will be retrieved and displayed and you can reset your Password.
To change your home address on the portal:
What features can be customized on the Citizen CUNY portal?
- If you are a "student," contact your registrar's office.
- If you are "faculty/staff," contact your HR department.
- If you are a "visitor," login and go to your profile.
- If you have filled out the form with the correct information, you don't have to worry about the information you have in your profile.
- If you have not submitted the form and don't mind filling out another online form, you may register for another "applicant" account.
- If you fill out the application form with the wrong information and have submitted it, please contact the admission's office: email@example.com or call 212-997- CUNY (2869)
Information, such as Applications/Resources, is already customized depending on whether you are a student, faculty or staff member. In addition, you can customize your Favorites by adding any number of your favorite bookmarks and links. You can also create a Task List of items you need to remember, such as appointments, plans, or papers to write.
Can I access my college’s website through the portal?
Yes. From the college dropdown box, you can select your college's website.
Which browser works best with the Citizen CUNY portal?
The portal is best viewed using Internet Explorer 7.x & 8.x, Firefox 3.x & 4.x and Safari 4.x with Java enabled, and a resolution of 800x600 or greater.
Note For Internet Explorer 8 Users: To view the Citizen CUNY secure and non-secure content without being prompted, make the following change in the browsers:
I wanted to view a PDF file, but I got an error message, what do I do?
- From the "Tools" menu, select "Internet Options".
- New "Internet Options" dialogue box opens.
- Select "Security" tab on top menu bar.
- Click "Custom Level" to prompt an another new dialog box "Security Settings - Internet Zone".
- Scroll down to "Miscellaneous" section until you see "Display mixed content" option.
- Select "Enable".
- Click "OK" to the current dialog box.
- Click "OK" at the bottom of "Internet Options" dialog box.
Viewing PDF files requires a PDF Reader. Download the free Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader if needed. http://www.adobe.com
Student/Faculty/Staff email services are administered on each CUNY campus. Information available at Campus Help Desks>>